Co-owners of land who no longer desire to be co-tenants may file a partition suit to sever the joint ownership. If it is not possible to physically divide the land into parcels of proportionate value, the Court will order that the land be sold, with each owner to receive his or her respective percentage of the sales proceeds after expenses.

All parties having an interest in the land must be brought before the Court. Any sale of real property by partition is subject to the Court’s jurisdiction and final confirmation of sale.